Personal Injury Lawyer Nashua New Hampshire
The world is an unpredictable place: we know this now more than ever. You can take precautions, but no matter how careful you may be, accidents happen. Sometimes, those accidents happen by no fault of your own, and are instead caused by the negligence, carelessness, failure to follow safety protocols, or even maliciousness of other people. These seemingly small mistakes and missteps made by others can result in serious bodily harm or even wrongful death. You may find yourself fine one day, and then wind up saddled with a life-changing injury the next, unable to work and having to face down medical bills and other mounting costs.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you aren’t alone, and you aren’t hopeless. In fact, you may be entitled to compensation for your injury and the damage it caused. There may be a way to recover the losses you have endured, from medical bills and lost wages to compensation for your pain and suffering and loss of potential.
At the law offices of Bartis Law Office, PLLC, we can help. We will put our expertise, passion for justice, and experience to work to build the strongest possible case on your behalf, and will fight day and night to get you the compensation you deserve. Your injury wasn’t your fault. Why should you be footing the bill?
What can a personal injury attorney do for you?
A personal injury attorney can make all the difference in the world when it comes to getting compensation for your injury and injury-related losses.
Personal injury cases can be exceedingly complicated, and can be overwhelming and difficult to understand to the average lay person. There are many steps that must be completed to even initiate a personal injury claim, and many processes along the way that require thorough knowledge of personal injury, liability, and insurance law and policy to navigate.
A personal injury attorney can be your guide through this complex process. They have the experience and knowledge base to help explain your rights and best course of action, and to combat powerful interests like insurance companies to get the settlement that you are rightfully owed.
An experienced personal injury attorney will also be able to strategize with you, and present you with the best path forward in terms of which claims to make and which claims to waive. There are many different types of personal injury claims, and an attorney will know which claims are applicable or wise to pursue in each individual case.
In addition, a personal injury attorney can also act as your advocate, helping you tell your story and plead your case in an effective and compelling way. They can connect you with expert witnesses who can further testify to your points,so that the judges and juries responsible for awarding your financial remuneration truly understand the extent of the damage the injury caused in your life, and/or in the life of your loved one.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Injured?
If you have been injured, your first priority is to get medical attention and care as soon as possible.
You can also take proactive steps to ensure you have the best possible case if needed down the line. After taking those first steps, you should call an attorney to consult about your case.
- If you’ve been injured at work, make sure to tell your supervisor about the injury immediately, even if you don’t think it’s that severe. Some serious injuries are often seemingly mild at first, but you want to have as much documentation as possible in place so that the injury cannot be denied later on.
- Fill out a First Report of Injury. These should be available at most workplaces. If your supervisor does not immediately provide one, ask them for it. If they need to obtain one, follow up with them and make sure you get that report filled in and filed as soon as possible.
- Establish witnesses. If anyone saw your injury occur, make sure to get their names and phone numbers for future reference.
- Photograph and/or video the scene and your injuries. This will help serve as evidence of the injury and the conditions surrounding the injury.
- If applicable, contact your union representative.
- Keep calm, and remember that no one has to be at fault in order to file for worker’s compensation. The only thing that has to be proven was that you were injured at work.
On the Road:
- Make sure the police are contacted, and file a police report. This will serve as useful corroborating evidence.
- Establish communication with the other party, and get their name, phone number, address, license plate number, and insurance information, as well as any other relevant information about their car and the accident.
- If possible, get video and/or photographic evidence of the accident, including both cars, the crash scene, and any injuries to your body.
- Establish witnesses. If anyone saw the accident occur, make sure to get their name and phone numbers for future reference.
- Contact your insurance carrier as soon as possible. This will help open the line of communication between you and your insurance company, and will put them on alert regarding a potential future case.
At a Place of Business or Privately Owned Premises:
- Inform employees and preferably the manager or owner of the premises that you have been injured.
- If necessary, have the employees or owner call an ambulance. When the ambulance arrives, file an injury report. If your injury was the result of someone else’s overt aggression, you should also file a police report.
- Get video and/or photographic evidence of the scene of the accident, any possible assailants, and your own injuries.
- Establish witnesses. If anyone saw the injury occur, make sure to get their names and contact information for future reference.
What Types Of Cases Do You Cover?
At Bartis Law Office, PLLC, we cover a wide variety of personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, with particular focus and expertise in New Hampshire State Law on these matters. Common cases we see include:
- Car and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Bus and Truck Accidents
- Cyclist Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Pool Accidents
- Boating and Nautical Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- Product Liability
- Dog and Animal Bites and Attacks
- Premises Liability Accidents
…and many more.
If you are in need of a fierce advocate, a trusted guide, and an experienced legal mind to help you through the personal injury process, please reach out to Bartis Law Office, PLLC, at Bartis Law Office, PLLC. We offer 100 percent free consultations, and are ready, willing, and able to help you get the settlement you deserve.
Contact For A Personalized Case Evaluation